Cube Audio Nenuphar Single Driver Speaker (10 inch) TQWT Enclosure

Cube Audio (Poland) designs single drivers and single driver speakers. 

Principals are Grzegorz Rulka and Marek Kostrzyński.

Link to the Cube Audio Nenuphar (with F10 Neo driver) speaker page: 

https://www.cubeaudio.eu/cube-audio-nenuphar

Link to 6Moons review by Srajan Ebaen (August 2018):

https://6moons.com/audioreview_articles/cubeaudio2/

----------------------------------------

Parameters (from Cube Audio):

Power: 40 W

Efficiency: 92 dB

Frequency response: 30Hz - 18kHz ( 6db)*

Dimensions: 30 x 50 x 105 cm

Weight: 40 Kg

* Frequency response may vary and depends on room size and accompanying electronic equipment.
david_ten
stevendunn
My only complaint is that the foot print of the podium is fairly large and not wildly attractive. I’m sure Cube and Townshend could design something that was a more compact part of the speaker (purchased as an option?). Yes it would raise the speaker price by $2K or so, but the improvement IMHO is more than worth it.

>>>>>It’s not obvious but the footprint of the iso device must be large to obtain the required lateral stability for objects with high center of gravity. Sure, you could make the springs stiffer with a smaller footprint but then the device wouldn’t isolate as well.
grannyring
The Townshend podiums are size 4 with load capacity E which starts at 85lbs so I put a couple of VPI bricks on top of each speaker since they are about 80lbs each.

geoffkait
Makes sense.
I have size 3, which accommodates both 8 and 10 inch Nenuphar’s. Size 2 should be ok with 8 inch only.
Townshend platforms work otherwise it’s diy with platforms and springs. Imo spikes are not beneficial, see Barry Diament link above.
This is a nice thread. A couple of thoughts based on system building...

Regarding whizzer cones, having used concentric, dynamic, hybrid dynamic, and full range hybrid speakers, I find whizzer cones to be no impediment to consideration of a speaker's sound as exquisite. I am currently using various speakers with whizzer cones and find they are as capable as any of achieving resolution on a par with very different drivers including ceramic, metal, etc. 

Regarding damping factor, I had an interesting review of the Gold Note PA-1175 MkII for Dagogo.com, which offers an on the fly Damping Factor switch. This is one of the most curious and beneficial amp functions I have found in a SS amp. at DF of 25 the amp sounds quite like a SET (only with more power) and at DF of 250 it acquires the characteristics expected more of SS. It reveals how much DF does influence the speaker's performance. My experience was that lower DF will cause a plumping and slight rounding of the bass with less absolute cleanness on edges of notes, while higher DF does the opposite.