Speaker suggestion between $1000 and $2000 please........

I recently purchased a Nuprime IDA-8 (amp) due to the advice here and I am very pleased with it.  Thank You!
I am interested in a pair of speakers to go with it.
I am currently using Def Tech D-9's and although a nice, punchy speaker they are just too veiled for me.
They sound like they have a low pass filter on from 7k up (to me anyway).
I am not opposed to used and adding a sub later on if needed.
I primarily use Tidal as my listening source, as well as Audirvana and CD's.
I listen to Jazz, Blues and Hip Hop for the most part.
As a general reference I really like the sound of my Beyer DT 1990 headphones and my KRK v4 series II Studio Monitors.
My main listening room is about 12 x 20.
These will be for music only (no theatre).
I was thinking of monitors but am not opposed to towers.
Speakers I have checked out on the internet (not auditioned) are Proac (used), Monitor Audio Gold (Possibly used although they seem to be on sale now), KEF LS50, Revel Performa 3.
Any input appreciated......Thanks!

128x128fivestringsdown
You may have considered this already, but other elements that can get you more clarity are your source components and sound quality of your amplifier. One other element that I’ve investigating is the quality of music streaming services. I’ve found that in terms of clarity and transparency, Qobuz sounds miles better than Tidal. FWIW, my own impressions were that even Spotify Premium sounds better than Tidal. These were my impressions of the major streaming services conducted using trial accounts:

Round 1, Spotify Premium vs Qobuz: I have Spotify Premium with a Family subscription. From a value standpoint, Spotify is my default choice that has the best search as well as working well for my family. From a critical listening perspective, Spotify actually is not bad at conveying detail, pace and presence from music. It sounds musical. Any shortcomings that it has are errors of omission rather than errors of commission. I can listen to Spotify especially in mobile settings and be engaged and immersed in the music. After listening for a longer period of time, Qobuz is clearly better at conveying detail, transparency/clarity, pace and presence, but Spotify doesn’t do anything noticeably wrong.

Round 2, Qobuz vs Tidal: So far Qobuz is clearly better than Tidal even listening through pretty cheap desktop passive speakers. Tidal sounds very two dimensional and flat in its sound quality but with some harshness in the high frequencies. I’ll listen a bit more to Tidal, but so far I’m not impressed at all. Spotify Premium even seems to sound better than Tidal.
Some additional thoughts about Tidal after listening on higher quality equipment. I think they have applied some equalization to boost the bass and treble. In the process, I think side effects of doing this is to take out some of the presence of voices and instruments and add an artificial quality to voices and instruments.. Qobuz sounds a LOT better. Spotify Premium also sounds better. To my ears at least. (Disclaimer: Your results may vary). I’m currently listening to a track that is a MQA file on Tidal vs a CD quality file on Qobuz. The CD quality file on Qobuz sounds a LOT fuller and more natural.
Not a big fan of hip hop, but decided to listen to something that is squarely in Tidal’s area of focus. I listened to ’The Box’ by Roddy Ricch which is a MQA file on Tidal and CD quality on Qobuz. Same results. The Qobuz file sounds fuller and has more presence. Almost sounds like two different recordings.

Round 3, Qobuz vs Amazon HD: Winner for me is Qobuz for the following reasons.
Amazon: Sounds more flat. Less drive than Qobuz so that some music sounds like it is plodding along. Sound is less full. Amazon HD doesn’t necessarily do anything wrong (as does Tidal), but also clearly not as good as Qobuz to my ears.
Qobuz: Much more presence than Amazon HD. More 3-dimensional. Better pace and drive. Better low-frequency response & definition. More range to conveying the emotion in music: (i.e., calmer for calmer music & more drive & pace for more upbeat music)

Round 4, Qobuz vs IDAGIO: Clear winner for me is Qobuz. My impressions are that Qobuz sounds fuller, has more low frequency weight and is able to convey a broader range of expression from greater calm to more drive. Qobuz also seems to have more realistic tonal quality for instruments especially for string instruments.I think this is due to greater clarity and definition from the music as reproduced by Qobuz. I thought that IDAGIO’s search design would be compelling to me for listening to classical music, but I’m finding that I actually like Qobuz’s search better than that on IDAGIO

My impressions of the musicality of the major HD streaming services. Your perceptions may vary.
1. Qobuz
2. Spotify Premium (320 kbps Ogg Vorbis which is not lossless)
3. IDAGIO
4. Amazon HD
5. Tidal

Summary: I’m finding Qobuz to sound both more realistic and more engaging on all types of music. Jazz, Rock, Classical, even Rap/hip-hop.
Sincere thanks to everyone for all the input and thanks to @jeffreylchen for the streaming services comparison and the speaker comparison....
I will definitely check out Qobuz!
Much appreciated!
I ended up going with a pair of ATC SCM7 v3 and could not be happier.
The ATC’s are not easy to find here in the states.
Had I not found the ATC’s ........I was prepared to go with either the Ascend Acoustics Sierra, Dynaudio Evoke or Monitor Audio Gold.
I should also ad that Ascend and ATC were great from a customer service standpoint as was Underwood Hi-Fi.
(I did not try to contact Monitor Audio or Dynaudio)