Dual Subwoofer Placement

Rule of thumb question, do you prefer placing dual subs inside or outside the front speakers?
Assume all distances are equal for both fronts and subs regardless of placement. 
jimmy225
Hello dbphd,

I think you should try it and find out what you think.  I'm completely certain that a single setup of 4 subs in a distributed bass array configuration will perform equally extremely well for both stereo music and HT because I've been doing it for years now. 
     It's also very convenient having them combined but it takes a bit of noodling and planning.  For some reason, you seem to have always wanted to treat them separately but I think that's a mistake.
      But regardless, I always wish you the best and I'm always willing to help you out as much as I can.

Later,
 Tim
Tim,

We use the HT setup mostly for Cox Cable.  The Bryston SP3 processor, NAD M22 amp, KEF LS50 speakers, and Velodyne HGS-15 subs are used for energy efficiency. The Ayre KX-5/20 preamp and KV-5/20 amp are used with the QX-5/20 for Roon and DX-5 DSD for discs where audio quality is paramount.  The KEF Reference 1s are supplemented by two Velodyne HGS-10s, (likely to be expanded to four).  They are separate setups with separate goals: energy efficient v audio quality.

db
Hello DB,
     Okay, now I understand much better.  Several months ago, I  bought an LG C9 77" OLED 4K hdtv to replace my Panasonic V60 series 65" plasma 1080p hdtv (which is still functioning perfectly)for the same reason, energy efficiency. 
     The local electric utility consistently sends a quarterly report stating how my household electricity usage and cost compares to the neighborhood household average.  For the years I used the plasma, my electricity usage/cost was always a bit above the average.  I just received the first quarterly report since switching to the much more efficient OLED technology and, for the first time in at least 6 years, my usage/cost was a bit below the neighborhood average.  Bigger screen, better picture, greener and I save money every month? I'm with you on energy efficiency.

Never mind,
     Tim
Tim,

A bit off-topic, but I hadn't realized OLED technology was energy efficient.  I'll keep that in mind when we move to an apartment in a local retirement community.  The apartments have so much glass a projector seems impractical, yet we enjoy the immersive experience of a large screen.  (The retirement community is celebrating Julia Child who lived there in her final years.)

db