You know you've been thinking about speaker placement too much when...

It was awful. Returned home from a trip with the ex and the kids - which is bad enough on its own - and was looking forward to putting on some music for my friend. He, his wife and kids had also been on the trip. 

Went to find my copy of John Lee Hooker's '"That's where it's at". When I came back to the listening room, music was already playing. Most certainly a 'WTF' moment. Not only that, all the furniture had been rearranged, the entire stereo had been moved around. I mean everything! Looked at the walls and they had been painted. Right, they were being done while I was away. Except, they had been painted several times, over and over again. I could tell because it looked as though they had tried multiple colors and didn't like the results. Another WTF moment. That means my system had been moved about several times. Went to the TT to check on the cartridge and make sure nothing had been physically damaged.

The room was getting brighter, and I was starting to feel really uncomfortable, hot, sweaty - not good.

Took a minute or two before I realized this had all been a terrible anxiety dream. 

Wonder what will happen when I have some actual problems in life...
perkri
Post removed 
Only thing worse will be when you get home and find it really did happen, it was the post that you imagined. Sorry.
Never a bad thing to be on a trip with your kids. Ex, yes, kids no. But, to the nightmare... might require professional help!

I'd be more concerned about your mind allowing you to go on a trip with your ex... than that of speaker placement.