Finally bought a new Turntable!

Hello All,
Well I done did it now, I bought myself a new Turntable.
After much research and talking back and forth on forums, looking at various models, I finally decided on a Mofi Studiodeck with the Hana SL MC Cartridge.
I bought it from a local Hi-Fi shop that gave me a 10% discount on the table and a 15% discount on the cart.
I have only had about a week so far and have not had a chance to play a much music yet. Just a few tracks here and there.
This does bring me to a question that I have for the community.

After initially playing a few tracks, I felt I had to turn up the volume a bit more compared to b4 when playing the same tracks on my Denon DP-300f, which seemed to have a bigger impact at lower volumes.

I had the shop configure my Phono Pre-Amp (Sim Audio 110lp V2) and the gain was set to 60db.

I set it to 66db and RIAA Curve. I think that improved the sound a bit more.
But what I want to know, for the particular cart that I have on the table, what are the other recommended settings?
I know the manufacturer have their suggested settings and ultimately, I probably have to try different settings and play a lot of music until I feel I have found the sweet spot but wanted to ask you all if you have any suggestions or opinions.
One other very specific question that I have is, Does making changes to the phono pre-amp have any negative effects on the system? Meaning, could I potentially do any harm to the system?
I appreciate any feedback.
128x128jay73
I assume the Hana SL is a low output cart? Your phono stage at 60db isn’t as much gain as you were use to. Even set to 66db, probably not enough gain for that low output MC cart. If your Hana’s specs are .3mv output, you probably need at least 68db of gain.

You’re not going to hurt anything. Does the Sim have a higher gain setting? If so, try that. You’re OK to run it now, it will just probably have some noise by having to run at higher volume settings to compensate for the difference you were use to from your other set-up.
Thanks for the feedback.
The output is 0.5mv and I believe my preamp tops out at 66db.
I will continue to play music this weekend to see how things sound. Perhaps in the near future, I may have to upgrade to a better phono preamp.
Keep in mind the volume dial, particularly the number its pointed at, is the least significant thing in all of audio. All you need is enough gain to reach your loudest level. If you can do that then whether you're at 6 or Spinal Tap 11 makes no difference. It would however be pretty cool to have a volume that went to 11. 
It would however be pretty cool to have a volume that went to 11.

My Modwright LS 100 goes to 11.
I have the Hana SL with a Pass XP-15, gain is set at 66 and loading at 500. As you suggested, I had to try several combinations of settings  before I found the best sound for my system.