A CD player for....CD’s

So I’ve been round and round with either getting a turntable or a CD player. I’m using my Blu-ray player as a CD player, my system is mostly home theater gear, Denon receiver
X4300, mono Outlaw audio M 200s.

I know Denon makes some nice CD players and I thought I would just get a dedicated CD player and start there instead of going through the whole turntable album tonearm cartridge. 

kgveteran
kgveteran
there has never been a better time to purchase a CD player. Strong selection in the demo/used market.  If you enjoy your Denon receiver, start w/ a Denon cd player.  Keep me posted.
Happy Listening!
Denon makes a nice transport, IME.  An old Theta universal player has a great internal DAC as does Ayre.  Denon has has a digital output that you can choose a DAC that present sound that resonates with your personal taste.  My only recommendation is to trial before buying.  

From your question, I sense you desire the convenience of a digital with the presentation of more analog signal.  This is certainly doable, but the investment in either direction, digital or analog, is significant.   What you read on the forums or reviews are only suggestions.  Your room, your system, your ears.  Determine what your system current has that you enjoy, what it lacks and what your goals are.  

Finally, do consider room set up, positioning of speakers, room treatments first.  Here may lay the best benefit for the initial investment.

Being strategic will help improve your return and avoid frustrations. 
Do you use your bdp’s hdmi output? Have you tried to see if the digital coaxial or optical output to your avr gives you better sound than hdmi for cd playback.

Another option is to get a cd transport and use your avr’s internal dac. You have a totl denon avr which has good dacs.

If you want to add a tt the basic Rega, Project, Thorens tt w/ factory cartridge would be a good starting point, but you probably want a better phono preamp, like a Schiit Mani, instead of the avr's afterthought phono stage.