Cube Audio Nenuphar Single Driver Speaker (10 inch) TQWT Enclosure

Cube Audio (Poland) designs single drivers and single driver speakers. 

Principals are Grzegorz Rulka and Marek Kostrzyński.

Link to the Cube Audio Nenuphar (with F10 Neo driver) speaker page: 

https://www.cubeaudio.eu/cube-audio-nenuphar

Link to 6Moons review by Srajan Ebaen (August 2018):

https://6moons.com/audioreview_articles/cubeaudio2/

----------------------------------------

Parameters (from Cube Audio):

Power: 40 W

Efficiency: 92 dB

Frequency response: 30Hz - 18kHz ( 6db)*

Dimensions: 30 x 50 x 105 cm

Weight: 40 Kg

* Frequency response may vary and depends on room size and accompanying electronic equipment.
david_ten
he shared the ideal amplifier specs for the speaker

@grannyring   Are you comfortable sharing? Thanks.
The Bakoon 13R sounds even better when used with the SATRI Link via BNC from the Bakoon DAC, imo. I don’t think Srajan has tried that yet? Other makes of dac can be connected through RCA of course. I’ve been told that the Denafrips Terminator works well with the Bakoon 13R but not tried myself.

Speaker seismic isolation is important as Sven Boenicke and Max Townshend and others, have discovered.
With regard to seismic isolation control credit and thanks should go out to the work done by Barry Diament.

For those not familiar with his work, here is a paper by Barry on the subject:

http://www.barrydiamentaudio.com/vibration.htm
How do these compare to other detailed sounding speakers like magico s, m series, Raidho D series or Paradigm persona?
I heard the Nenuphars at the 2019 Capital Audiofest.  I liked, in part, what I heard.  Typical of the breed, it sounded very lively and engaging.  But, again typical of the breed, it was short on deep bass, a bit lacking in warmth, a bit rough sounding in the upper midrange and had a pronounced peak in the treble range.  Whether the undeniably great attributes of such a speaker outweigh the negatives is a matter of taste.  In part, it would matter what one listens to most frequently.  To me, the Nenuphars sounded very good with jazz, particularly where brass instruments are prominent.  They also sounded good with vocal pop music.  But, they lacked the weight and ability to deliver power when large-scale classical music was played.

So far, I've only heard a couple of single driver systems that I could easily live with myself.  One is the Voxativ Ampeggio, the other is the Charney Audio system.  I particularly like the Charney.  I've heard their speaker with the AER and Voxativ driver, and I particularly like the AER driver (a little bit more extended on top, and very smooth).

When "full-range" drivers are coupled with other drivers in multi-way systems, the result can be really good.  I've heard some amazingly good systems that use full-range drivers as the bass/midrange driver in two way systems, and I've also heard them used as midrange drivers in three way systems.  One big advantage of using full range drivers in multi-way systems is that crossovers can be simpler (I heard, and liked, systems where the full range driver is run full range, with a first order high pass filter network on the tweeter-very minimalist crossover).