Trivializing AudiogoN...........ie: what I have is the best...

I have enjoyed and used this site since it's beginning.  It seems that many threads now boil down to people defending what they own in the manner of "what I own is the BEST!)....kind of like a high school pep rally. 

whatjd
Hi DeKay,
Just kind of thinking out loud.  I have, esp. in my younger days, wanted to think anything I had was the best, from cars, to audio...and I am sorry to say, even the mate I had.  When I had a fair amount of money and power I fell into the "arm candy" trap and paid some prices for that.  My audio pursuit has been more honest with, as Mr. Pearson called the absolute sound, being the goal...wheither I knew it or not.  Usually, like perhaps most, we include a bit of ourselves in our critique of the human condition. 

Yeah, there is an unmistakable streak of meanness on this site, but that doesn't stop me from enjoying it anyway. It's just that, even more than on the other consumer product websites I frequent (e.g., ones involving bicycles and musical instruments), if you haven't laid down a king's ransom for your gear, you just ain't worth anything more than a sneer.
Having been in audio for over 40 years and owning a Audio store taught me 
that some people won’t spend extra money for example for decent audio cables 
even if you can prove it,for they can’t justify spending say $2500
on system cables,power cords , and spent $30 -$40k on the system 
it happens much more then it should , while I have met others who would not
buy a system under $100 k . Myself can no longer justify spending buy bucks on audio. I choose now to buy good designs and just mod or have it modded
with premium parts and obtain  sonics that Would cost 3-4x more.
system synergy is what counts and most.
Only thing I wish stopped was the blatant back stabbing- arguing- dissing - complaining about other people in the forms this is constant and is tiering.

I wish people would not post if they have nothing relevant to add, some people post because they are board I think.

I took a break from the forms because I got tired of the constant dissing of other people and how it can take over a thread.

IF you do not like someone keep it to your self please. if that person posts something don’t post in their thread just to diss them its not cool IMO. Its of course relevant to correct miss information but do it in a respectful manner. I’m sure most people would never talk the way they do to someone in real life like some do here. if they do they are people I don’t care to know or talk with.

no ones perfect not even you! lol

Glen