Isolation Cones vs Cheap Cables

I'm posting this here for I didn't want to hijack a recent thread on cables and the title is a little misleading.

It was suggested to a member that BDR cones offer a lot of bang for the buck compared to cheap power cords when it comes to "making an impact on sound".

I'll buy into that concept!

I was looking reading about BDR cones and it seems like a lot of folks place three of them under a speaker instead of four.  I'm going to purchase some and have to ask the question:  Why three cones and not four?  My floor standing speakers are about 48" tall and the base is only about 10" wide.  I gotta think that using three cones with my speakers would make them top heavy.  Yes?
malatu
millercarbon would throw all his BDR cones in the trash if he ever heard DH Cones which are about ten times harder than carbon fiber and five times better. Millercarbon is an excellent example of what happens when you get carried away with something. Before you know it you’ve got them under everything. I implore you, gentle readers, wouldn’t it be a lot more logical to explore all available cones before committing to one brand or type? 😬 I won’t even mention isolation. 😀

I don’t often respond to Captain Irrelevant because its such a waste of time. But every once in a while its nice to point out just why he earns the name Captain Irrelevant.

1) There’s no carbon fiber in BDR cones. Irrelevant.
2) Hardness. Irrelevant.
3) Explore "all"? Impossible.
4) Isolation. No such thing.  

Still no system pics I see. If you would be kind enough geoffkait to hold your phone up to a mirror and take a pic to show everyone your system, then we can all decide for ourselves just who should be throwing what in the trash.

Research the mechanics of "camera tripod" and then apply that info/logic to your application.

Three (proper for the application) spikes/cones beats Four unless you have you have the OCD capability to adjust Four for days/months/years in order to equal the result of Three.

Having tried both, numerous, times it's a no brainer for me.

In fact I use one of my "Fourth" brass cones as a DIY turntable/record weight.

DeKay
You've tried both, numerous times? Both BDR Mk3 and Mk4?
Or neither? I think what you mean to say is you've tried lots of OTHER cones and fewer was better. Right? You just forgot to mention you were talking about something different, right? Just want to be clear. Because we aren't talking about other inferior round pointy things called sones or spikes. We're talking about BDR Cones. Which you've tried... how many?
Post removed