Trivializing AudiogoN...........ie: what I have is the best...

I have enjoyed and used this site since it's beginning.  It seems that many threads now boil down to people defending what they own in the manner of "what I own is the BEST!)....kind of like a high school pep rally. 

whatjd
whatjd, your first paragraph is the 'grail' of AG...concise, simple, and the basis of these forums. *S* If there be Prime Directive for us, that's It.👍

It's the 2nd one that has the 'trip wire'...;) 
" But hey, what I have is truly the best and I think everyone should have the same thing..."

To 'some', that gets taken Literally....much to general dismay for most...'varied' response by a few....🤦‍♂️

Crowd dynamics always attracts hecklers....we now call them trolls.
There be good trolls and bad trolls in any crowd, and the crowd determines which is which. 'Twas always thus, and likely always will be.

It keeps it lively....and all too real...*G*
I only share my experience - I have purchased some pretty poor products - I wish more would share their bad experience with dealers too so.  It is nice to know honest reviews of products. 

Here are my favorites:
- Anthem AV Receivers
- Classe Sigma Amps
- ARC Preamps
- Jeff Rowland Amps
- Shiit Audio
- Martin Logan Motion Series
- Wilson Speakers
- OPPO Anything
- Klipsch (sorry - but they make good home theater stuff)

Who I would never own again:
- Sony anything
- Denon / Marantz
- Parasound

Who I would buy from:
Crescendo Fine Audio - Some of the best service out there.
Paragon Sight and Sound - Another great company

Who I would not buy from:
- Upscale
- Listen Up
- Acoustic Vision (Montana)
plaw, I appreciate your courage to put your experiences in print.

I would add on the + side, Magnepan, ARC, CJ and I will take some time to think about other + and a few -.

To own the best is a risk; the hordes will inevitably appear at the crest of the hill. So lurk and listen in a bunker with mediocre headphones.