Sorbothane record weight?

I have an older b&o rx2 turntable that I am not comfortable putting much weight on, the spindle will probably not work with a clamp, and the tone arm is not adjustable so I am not interested in adding a mat.  It occurred to me that maybe a "puck" that doesn't weigh much could be made out of layers of sorbothane sheets and used as a low mass "weight" to damp record vibrations.  I have googled and searched forums and haven't found any hint that anyone has tried this. 

Is this a really bad idea for some reason I cannot think of?  I am certainly no expert.

Steve
sryeager
Sorbothane keeps energy from escaping, what is need is something that allows rapid evacuation of energy from the system. Something like say Shun Mook Mpingo record clamp, at least they had the right idea. Has anyone thought to use an acoustic resonator? Viscoelastic materials like Sorbothane, not a very good one, requires a constraining layer to act as a damper. When Sorbothane is used as a record mat, there is no constraining layer.
Thanks delay.  I will look into that, and as I pictured it in my mind, I thought of a golf club swing/warmup weight buried in my bag.  It’s like a little plastic covered donut.  I wonder what that weighs?

and thanks to the last two posts explaining that sorbothane is not a good idea for a record weight.

Steve
sr, it sounds like you are better off without a weight or get a new turn table.