Buddy can you spare a dime for a $12,000 Ethernet cable?

I just read TAS’s coverage of the second Florida audio show.

While I absolutely love the results I’m getting from the $650 EtherRegen switch, and hear differences in Ethernet cables, I had to gulp at the prices one company is charging. Maybe I should start a Gofundme for contributions.

From TAS

“Ansuz Acoustics’ introduction of an entire line of Ethernet-related products. Of course, there were cables, and the A2 (approx. $1800 for one meter) and D-TC (approx. $12,600 for one meter) delivered a much wider soundstage and more palpable vocals than generic Ethernet cable. The D-TC model added noticeably crisper transients and even more spatial expansion. But the most eye-opening demo was of a line of Ethernet switches priced from $2200 to a whopping $14,000. Generic Ethernet switches are about $100 at Best Buy, but even the entry-level PowerSwitch proved to be a huge upgrade in terms of noise reduction, and the flagship PowerSwitch Supreme ($14k) made an incredible difference in clarity and dynamics. Dang! Yet another seemingly innocuous element (like power cords) that makes a difference.”

emailists
This is the part about this hobby that annoys the f@@@ out of me. 
High-end speaker cables that promise the moon. High-speed ethernet cables that simply deliver higher data rates, not sound quality. And cable blocks. Really?

There is a fine line between what can be delivered and the promise of what can be delivered. Much of this promised esoterica is snake-oil. The human ear is a finite instrument. Granted you can detect spatial imaging, but to make the statement that some of these vendors make is unverifiable nonsense. But then again, like a Nigerian Prince, it only takes one out of 100 to bite.
On the other hand, people would be much better off if they believed too much rather than too little.