Whatta Ya Think About Hsu Research Subwoofers?

I’m in the market to add one or possibly two subwoofers to my stereo set-up.  I would like to spend $1,000 or less per unit, and that puts some of the higher-rated units out of reach.  I came across an ad for Hsu, which I had not heard of before.  I didn’t want a Chinese product and it turns out that Hsu Research is based in California and founded by Dr. Hsu, who has a Ph.D from MIT.  Audio reviewer Steve Gutenberg gave one Hsu product a positive review.  I was wondering if any of you have experience with Hsu and could share your impressions/recommendations with me.

My existing set—up is:  Parasound P5 pre-amp with Parasound A21 amp;  Martin Logan 60XT tower loudspeakers.  Thanks!
bob540
OP, I’ve got the smaller Motion 40s and a HSU ULS 15 MK2 in a room not too different from yours.  It’s a great subwoofer for the price.  Volume knob is less than half way. Crossover I have tried at 60 and it is great.  I bought my sub in black.
You can give Syzygy a look, wireless, great support, almost bullet proof, auto e.q. and won’t break the bank. Good recent reviews.  
You can give Syzygy a look, wireless, great support, almost bullet proof, auto e.q. and won’t break the bank. Good recent reviews.  
I use two of the SVS SB-12 NSD subwoofers mentioned above in my main system. They are a discontinued model and can still be had for $400 each. Never a glitch.

https://www.amazon.com/SVS-SB12-NSD-400-watt-Controlled-Subwoofer/dp/B009F8Y7SO