Future of cables!

https://www.sciencealert.com/scientists-have-discovered-a-new-electronic-state-of-matter?utm_source=...

I know very little about cable technology & even less about quantum physics. I read this & immediately thought (10+yrs down the road) this would upend cable tech: efficiency, clarity, & probably a bunch of stuff I don’t even know about that goes into cable science.

So, say hello to your new 2030 $70k cables. I’m curious what other people think.
tochsii
Has nothing to do with wires as we use them. It is all about computational speed and power. Maybe bandwidth. 
It’s a moot point whether the “signal” travels inside the wire or outside the wire. Since the sound quality is directly related to the type and purity of metal as well as the size of the conductor, all things being equal, we need not concern ourselves with Poynting vectors, as cool as they are. Furthermore, the speed of the signal in wire is given for copper not for the dielectric material and it is a high percentage of the speed of light. We DO however have to concern ourselves with the induced magnetic field, the dielectric material, RF and other related issues as we’ve seen in many other threads ever since Gandhi was a Cub Scout.
They said the same thing about fiber optics - the future of wires! We all know how that worked out. 😛
Of course this all brings us back to the unanswered questions,

1. Does external vibration affect the signal in wires and if so how?
2. Why do seemingly insert audio components like solid state amps benefit from being isolated from external vibration? 
3. Is the audio signal In wires itself vibrational?