Whatta Ya Think About Hsu Research Subwoofers?

I’m in the market to add one or possibly two subwoofers to my stereo set-up.  I would like to spend $1,000 or less per unit, and that puts some of the higher-rated units out of reach.  I came across an ad for Hsu, which I had not heard of before.  I didn’t want a Chinese product and it turns out that Hsu Research is based in California and founded by Dr. Hsu, who has a Ph.D from MIT.  Audio reviewer Steve Gutenberg gave one Hsu product a positive review.  I was wondering if any of you have experience with Hsu and could share your impressions/recommendations with me.

My existing set—up is:  Parasound P5 pre-amp with Parasound A21 amp;  Martin Logan 60XT tower loudspeakers.  Thanks!
bob540
Speakers that can produce deep bass often run in to the problem of real world rooms that have peaks and nulls. Multiple subs are a way around this... and once you experience the ambience created by deep bass, even at low volumes, you won’t want to give it up.
audioguy85:"Otherwise, keep the sub where it belongs, on a home theater set up. Maybe it’s just me, I don’t get it. Only an opinion, be nice..."

Hello audioguy85,
     Well, you're right about one thing, you really don't get it. 
     I think snapsc gets it and it's probably because he didn't let old and tired misconceptions and biases against using subs in one's music audio system stand in his way.  None of those things mattered to him or me.
     What matters to us is keeping an open mind about improving our systems and getting closer to the music.
     You state you don't get it and I believe you.  I've come to the conclusion that nobody, with myself and a surprisingly small group of others included, really gets or truly understands how amazingly well multiple subs in a distributed bass array actually perform until they  experience it. 
     I now believe it's simply that there are 2 groups of individuals: those who have experienced a 3-4 sub DBA system and those who have not.  The first group have all bought or created their own custom 3-4 sub DBA system and enjoy near sota bass performance on a daily basis for music, HT or both.  The second group, having never experienced a 3-4 sub DBA system, have no idea what they've been missing and remain blissfully ignorant. 
     So ultimately you're correct, you don't get it and you just don't get to enjoy near sota bass performance on your system and music on a daily basis.  Congratulations, but at least you still have blissful ignorance going for you.  

I was nice, right?
     Tim
Nicely dismissive, Tim!  Lol

I just posted a grainy photo in my profile showing the space I am working with.  Sorry it is so dark and fuzzy.  The doors to the right are to my garage and laundry room, so cannot block those.  The table that holds my electronics is centered under the TV — Martin Logan towers are to each side of that, but hard to make out.  There is space to the left, as I can move the tower that holds my CDs and the record albums.  I wish I had Bluetooth capability for the subwoofers, as I could place one further to the right out of the line of foot traffic, and then I have space for one on the left.  I could cover the cable with a small throw rug I suppose.   
If "prodigious amounts of bass is your thing", what difference does it make how you get it, whether it’s speakers or complementing speakers with a subwoofer (or multiple subs)? Even if you just want a "realistic" amount of bass, again, why does it matter how you achieve that?  A purpose driven device (the subwoofer) just might be better than one that’s trying to be a jack of all trades (the speaker).

And it doesn’t have to be 4 subs. I have 4. Having 4 is awesome and a great option, but might not be the best solution for everyone. It’s certainly not an option in my 12’ X 12’ room where I have my Harbeth P3ESR’s set up. A single entry level 12" sub works great in that system.

The best subwoofer integration I’ve heard to date was done with two subs. Compared to that system, I feel like my 4 subwoofer system is more of a band-aid than a best of class solution. Not that mine sounds bad, it’s very good, but there’s always more than one way to skin a cat.
I use a pair of HSU's with my Maggie's.  I recently added two more subs, generic 8" in the back corners of my room. So .7" fed by a Parasound A-21.

The HSU subs I run with both ports sealed and crossed over about 90. The back subs have cleaned the bass up spectacularly. Best I have ever had.