Loudness Button

I am for the Loudness Button....

Below is an odd comment I thought from PS Audio.

You don’t see loudness controls on high-end audio equipment much for two reasons: its benefits have to be weighed against the impurity of additional phase shifting circuitry, and most high-performance systems aren’t used at background listening levels so it’s not needed.

"Not needed"......I beg to.disagree.

ishkabibil
Having been around back when they were common, I would say the real reason they are gone is they were blowing out speakers. Hardly anyone understood the reasoning behind them, but everyone likes bass, so loudness was on all the time. Very common.
I would have to conclude that if you feel the need for a loudness contour button in your system, something is amiss. I have no need for one in my system and the majority of my listening is done late at night at low volume. Just sayin
I use the loudness button on my McIntosh preamp at night while listening with headphones. Love it. However, I don't use it otherwise. If you want/need one, then find a piece of gear that has it. YOUR ears are all that matters!
I would have to conclude that if you feel the need for a loudness contour button in your system, something is amiss. I have no need for one in my system and the majority of my listening is done late at night at low volume. Just sayin

Fletcher-Munson. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equal-loudness_contour  
Just sayin