Cable burn-in questions.

While burning in an interconnect cable, say the analogue output from a dac into a preamp, is it necessary for the preamp to be turned on? (I understand the answer would be “yes” if that input has not been used - to “break in” those circuits in the preamp.  But this question is focused on the cable.) Is current flowing through a cable when the preamp isn’t on?  Any reason why the amp connected to the preamp output must be on?  Does the volume on the preamp matter when a cable being burned in is connected to an input? 

I assume speaker cables would need current and voltage passing through, to be burned in.  Does the volume setting matter?

explanations for answers will be appreciated.
128x128lloydc
Cable burn in, what a load of crap....turn it on it's on !!
Does it get better with time ? perhaps, will you hear a difference ? 
perhaps...is it cable burn in ? NO.. because audible cable/wire burn in does not exist.You don't have to believe in science or someone with multiple engineering degrees, heck if you hear it it's there ! Be happy, and if you paid for it...really happy !!

Hmmmm...did somebody forget to put out the Roach Motels last night? 
thanks for the responses.  I assumed the circuit needed to be completed, but it shouldn't hurt to ask. 

If you have a multimeter check the resistance of the preamp input.    On and off.   If it is around 10K ohms you are good to go.
Again,  it depends on how the pre is wired.   Some can complete the circuit with the power off.   You probably will have to set the preamp selector for the correct position though.