Future of cables!

https://www.sciencealert.com/scientists-have-discovered-a-new-electronic-state-of-matter?utm_source=...

I know very little about cable technology & even less about quantum physics. I read this & immediately thought (10+yrs down the road) this would upend cable tech: efficiency, clarity, & probably a bunch of stuff I don’t even know about that goes into cable science.

So, say hello to your new 2030 $70k cables. I’m curious what other people think.
tochsii
Its not what I think, its what I know. What I know is it doesn’t matter. Doesn’t matter to the point not even wasting my time to read the article. Because it is a waste of time. 

There you go again Miller, dissing science. Come on, man! (Intended to be read in look of pain Biden voice.) No way you can "know"!

Okay. Fair point. Except, let’s see- new dielectric. New geometry. Long grain crystals. Pure copper. Pure silver. Five nines pure long grain crystal copper. Active Shielding. No shielding. Active ground. Passive ground. Ground plane. Just the ones that come to mind. Anyone been around this stuff for 30 years like me has long since forgotten more revolutionary transformative new technologies than we remember.

"The future of" tech stories are a dime a dozen. You want to know "the future"? Forget tech. Read reviews. Pay attention to how it sounds. Go and listen. Find it. That’s the future.
millercarbon
What I know is it doesn’t matter. Doesn’t matter to the point not even wasting my time to read the article. Because it is a waste of time.
This is the logical fallacy of circular reasoning, also known as "begging the question," that is, your conclusion (it is a waste of time) is also your premise.

Remember what the dormouse said, Feed your head.

Also remember what the Little Train That Could said, I think can, I think I can, etc. Toot, toot!

Millercarbon, please leave the discussion.  I asked a question & expected interesting & respectful responses to the article.  I’ve asked for you to be blocked.  I don’t need your rude & abusive trolling here.