Spatial Audio open baffle speakers, who has them? Worthwhile change from Maggies?

Of late have been eying the Spatial Audio line of open baffle speakers and like what I have seen and read so far.
Now I am extremely happy with my baby Maggies which have easily bested any and all box speakers in my room ( that I can afford anyways!).
So looking for opinions and views from actual owners of said open baffle speakers, what did you change from and what are the real strengths of the Spatials?
Not short of horsepower to feed them even though they do not need much juice by all accounts but you know the old saying, " too much is never enough!"
Thanks in advance.
128x128uberwaltz
I’ve heard them and owned Magnepans for many years and the answer is a definite yes.
I owned a pair of the Spatial M3 Turbo S for about a year. It was a fantastic speaker and really opened my ears to both open baffle and concentric drivers. They provided a level of imaging in my room I had not previously experienced. Its one of those speakers that offers way more the sum of it’s parts. There’s nothing exotic about the drivers, but man what a sound. I was driving them very easily with a Pass XA30.5 and a Bob Latino ST-70 and KT66 tubes.

Since you’d be coming from Maggies, I imagine you have the room for placement. They do prefer at least 3’ to the back and side walls.

My only nit to pick with the M3 was my room’s volume. Lots of cubic feet and not quite enough low end for me. I was all set to sell the M3s, and move up to the X5 with their built in powered subs, when I lucked into a great deal on a pair of Tannoy Legacy Ardens. I’m in sonic bliss with the Tannoys, but would still love to hear the new X series.

If you haven’t been over to audiocircle, there’s a dedicated Spatial forum with lots of feedback.

You are correct about space, the Maggie's are 4 ft clear front and side of walls.
Already have a pair of subs as Maggie's not renowned for deep meaningful bass either.

The m3 turbos ( sounds like a BMW!) were the ones I had my eyes on.

Thank you for the feedback!
Although it’s been a few years, I have owned Maggie’s in the past. A pair of 1.6s with modded xovers and the 3.5s. I now have the Spatial Audio X3. To say I absolutely love these speakers would be an understatement. They are every bit as transparent as any planar I have heard, but with dynamics and excellent bass response. OB speakers will load the room similarly to a planar but play louder and lower, and with a lot less power demands.

So yes, I love my speakers. And Clayton Shaw is a true gem of a find in this industry. Very customer oriented and always willing to help.

Oz
Thanks Ozzy
Just the sort of real world user information I was looking for.
Yes Clayton Shaw does seem like a true Gentleman so far as well.