New tubes...far more power??

I replaced my quad set of KT150's in my tube mono blocks a few days ago...replaced with a new set of KT150's that were quad balanced and now for some reason the power output is considerably more. So much so that i need to drop the volume control on my preamp by three notches! Plus, the sound quality is actually no better than before...and maybe even a little strident! Anyone have any idea as to why this would be? 
128x128daveyf
They do have a require a little break in time , just like anything else does.
Probably 50-100 hours
I am not aware of anyone manufacturing KT150 tubes other than Tung Sol. As far as tubes not inproving/settling in with some burn in, is not what my ears tell me. Just sayin.
Have you unplugged the amp since removing the old tubes? Your auto-bias circuit may be retaining the settings it used with your old tubes. Sometimes unplugging the amp resets to "factory settings". Leave it unplugged for an hour or so. I'd even remove the new tubes after unplugging ( plug them back in before restart). 
I will try the unplug suggestion, will be using my back-up amp ( a ss design, which does make for a lot less nervosa) for a week or so.
Last night, I was pleased to hear that the tube amp was in fact sounding a lot better, the increase in power was still very evident ( and strange) but the overall SQ was fuller and less bright. I moved a power cord off the preamp and replaced it with another brand...this could have helped.
Here's the interesting thing, my ss amp puts out 250 watts/ch into 8 ohms...and nearly doubles into 4ohms, my tube mono blocks put out 48watts/ch into 8 ohms and not much more into 4ohms...yet the tube amps sound FAR more powerful than the ss amp. ( Yes, the tube amps have massive transformers, while the ss amp has slightly smaller transformers..and the tube amps are mono blocks, while the ss amp is a stereo amp...but the power output in volume is strikingly different...and adverse to what one would expect!) 

What is the brand and model of the tube amp?

Yes! Tubes break-in and age during the first 50 hours of use.

Davey f you must be a tube novice IMO.