LP made from a digital master recording...

The digital vs. analog thoughts, even debates I can understand...when the analog LP is from analog masters.  When an LP is pressed using a digital master recording as the source, does that LP still have an analog advantage?   
whatjd
I have the old Eagles LP "Hell Freezes Over" - cost me over £200 but great. As a matter if interest is the new LP release (remastered) from a digital base or the old base (and what was that?) and thus some difference should be able to be identified due to the great qualities of the recording in the first place. I am tempted to buy the new 180g LP as it is almost a reasonable price
Remind all of the Lincoln Mayorga albums of the 1970's that were direct-to-disc.  Evidently, Sheffield still does this. I suggest you buy some of their items and then discuss.

As the recording engineer posted above (@solypsa), a lot depends upon the people involved in the process from beginning to end.  For example, we were told back then that, including the actual materials used in the blanks, the time after stamping that the vinyl was left on the press to form/harden was important.

If you read the liner notes on the Mayorga albums, you will see that they were done with the most careful processes available at the time.  I would guess they still use the best possible processes and equipment available today.

They remain superb recordings that anyone who is interested in this debate should listen to, as well as the later ones from Sheffield, before making blanket comments.

Cheers!
Hard to say....

I purchased a 4 record set some years ago of Pink Floyd, Echoes.
All  are 180 gram virgin vinyl; a collection of their musical history.
It was expensive. 
All 4 records were washed properly then placed into new rice paper sleeves .

Not all the songs were from the original master analog tapes.
Some songs were digital remasters.

I can pick those digital songs out during playback on my system.
The digital songs are 'thin' sounding, almost tinny.
The digital songs are one dimensional....kind of disappointing actually.  I expected better. 

Of course, there could be many explanations as to why those particular songs did not sound as good as the analog songs.  But, one would believe many of the variable factors were eliminated.
I don't know why so many still listen to vinyl.  I am not in to hearing the noise of the needle tracking in the groove.  I think CD's sound much better.  They sound much crisper in my opinion.  However, I now can't understand why anyone would bother to play CD's when streaming is now available.  It is so convenient to sit on the sofa and select songs by way of a cell phone,  I would have to pay a fortune for CD's to match the size of the library TIDAL offers,  And then, there is MQA.  I do think I hear a better sound stage when I listen to MQA recordings.  However, maybe I am trying to convince myself this to be true.

I do love the looks of a $30,000 turn table.  However, I am not filthy rich like many of you in this group.  The looks do make a statement that's for sure.  This would be a great way to impress a neighbor.  
I listen to vinyl because I enjoy music. As you said CD doesn't sound like music it sounds "crisp". Music doesn't sound "crisp" it sounds like music. So the tradeoff is a little noise along with the music, or noise. I'll take music.