OK...Added 2 HSU ULS-15Mk2 subwoofers To My System

After unboxing , I put one next to each speaker on the outside edge just to get started.
Followed the directions to get a base point on adjustments and then I listened to a couple of very familiar  Lp`s

I found that these subs are VERY distracting.....In a good way 
Naturally (at least to me) when someone adds a couple of 15" subs to a setup they have a tendency to focus their attention on bass and all that.
But I was hearing  many new sounds and DETAIL too that I had never picked up on before.
These sounds are not 'bass territory'... how does a Triangle image so much further out to the side now ?  

The next morning I dragged my Adcom 575 CD player from the garage system and powered up the subs only and put the RHCP`s Californication on repeat for about 12 hours or so.

Then did the crawl and moved the subs around and listened on and off over a week or so and then did another crawl and made changes to the settings on the subs too.
Getting better for sure. I think HSU recommends 30 hours for break in.

So far I absolutely love these HSU subs for what they are doing for my music !

I`m also finding that the numeric volume display on the Tortuga Preamp is down a bunch from my usual levels.

So, I now have 3 15" sealed subs in the room, the HSU`s and my Revel Ultima 15

Lindsey Stirling's` Shatter Me' has never sounded so good !

scm
Awesome!  Enjoy.  I’ll be getting more subs as I can.  Bass completely transforms the music.  I think that almost anyone on this forum would want it if they actually heard it on their systems...
I've got the ULS-15 MKII and it's a musical sub, so I'm not surprised the OP is finding more detail.  It's gotta have the best bang for buck in a 15 inch, since they upgraded it.  

Congrats on the addition!
Hello scm,

I also want to officially welcome you to the 3-4 Sub DBA Club, "where near state of the art bass performance becomes a routine reality in any room and with any pair of main speakers you prefer."
    I didn't consider myself a bass-head either until I began using a 4-sub Audio Kinesis Debra DBA system in my system and room. Now I consider myself more of a bass connoisseur because I'm now able to hear the details of pitch, texture, initial impact, changes in volume and natural decays of all of the separate bass instruments in the soundstage clearly on all music tracks. It really adds to the realism and enjoyment of all types of music for me because I can identify and clearly follow any instrument's bass line I prefer to.  I'm not exaggerating when I state the 4-sub DBA is the best single upgrade I've ever experienced in any of my systems over the past 50 years.  
    I still believe we can describe to others how remarkably well this 3-4 sub DBA concept actually works in practice until we're blue and convince very few. But ironically, we all know about a 10 minute personal audition would convince virtually anyone.  Plus it works in any room and with any main speakers, even notoriously hard to integrate fast speakers like planar-dynamic and electrostatic types.
    I understand they don't know what they don't know, but I thought more members would be adventurous and daring enough to at least give it a try. Oh well, I guess a lack of adventure and ambition results in a lack of very good bass resolution and a lack of daring results in the apparent lack of caring about the absence of high quality bass performance.

Enjoy,
 Tim

I've long considered most systems I've heard to sound too lightweight, lacking the heft and visceral qualities heard in live music. That lack of weight is accompanied by a lack of lower-midrange/midrange tonal density: instruments are robbed of their full, complex timbral character, sounding anemic, eviscerated, "washed out". It's analogous to lack of full color saturation in photography.

I find the fact that the lower few octaves contain SO much information in such a limited range of frequencies: the bottom four octaves cover only frequencies 20Hz to 320Hz, a span of 300Hz; the top four octaves 1280Hz to 20,800, a span of 19,520! Interesting, ay?