Upgrading from an Exposure 3010S2 CD

All -

I've had an Exposure 3010S2 CD player for a few years.  An excellent sounding player in my system (rest of it is a 3010S2 preamp and a XXVIII power amp).  However, now having the time and inclination, I'd like to explore improving it, as CD is my primary source.  Streaming is not something I do at the moment. 

Having been out of the arena for a while, I don't know if it makes sense to swap the Expo for a different integrated player, or to simply add a DAC. 

Budget is probably up to about $3K; I listen to everything from Lassus to Ulrich Schnauss to Husker Du to Beethoven to Mark Isham. 

Speakers are currently Linn Helix 2; about to become Monitor Audio Gold 300GX.  It's a townhouse, so the system is effectively loading the entire space (about 1500 square feet, across three levels, including finished basement).  The room the system is in is on the dead side with curtains closed. 

I've seen a lot of positive comments on the Schiit Gungnir multibit DAC, the Chord Hugo2, ARC CD5, etc.  I've owned a lot of Linn and Naim gear over the years; would probably prefer to stay away.  ;) 

A couple of limits beyond budgetary - company has to still be in business and able to service whatever I end up with, and have been around for a while.  Hence, something like the ARC CD2 is out, as ARC can't service it if needed, as is anything from Oppo. 

Thoughts and suggestions appreciated!
naimfan
Oh, the irony . . .

In the process of ordering a Naim DAC (not the shoebox DAC-V1). 

Update to follow if anyone's interested. 
naimfan

I am interested in following this thread. For those of us who own large collections of CDs, it makes perfect sense. I would start w/ the gear on hand- Exposure. Search around the audio forums to determine which cd spinners are sonic matches w/ this brand.  Have fun!

Happy Listening!