2 Questions?

It has been pointed out to me by some posters here, that generally higher-end speakers are not so forgiving with poorly recorded music much of what seems to be 70 - 80's era rock.

Room treatments aside (and without cutting holes in my walls to vent my speakers outside as some have suggested).
I am looking for some advice from others about what speakers have worked well with this situation?

Currently running  Roon Nucleus through a W4S 2v2SE Dac tethered to CODA CSiB V1 configuration  
(150 w @ 8 ohm) integrated amp.  $3,000 ceiling, give or take.

Second question: Is there a decent quality speaker switch that I could hook up to my amp to simply toggle between two sets of speakers? My amp has 2 speaker outputs on the back but no A/B switch to change from one set of speakers to the other.

I see there inexpensive switches offered that have limited power ratings (eg: 100 watts per channel). Are these sufficient for doing the job? Will these switches have a negative effect on sound quality? Thanks.
high-amp
Great advice, thanks Eric, I'll bone up on this soon as I can.

I saw a set of brand new Golds for 1/2 price and was thinkin'...
Buy a decent subwoofer, I prefer a sealed enclosure like the SVS line starting with SB. I think the 2000 series is on sale now. You can turn it on and off as needed. I also have bought some used that work great for music like the older Yamaha YST line. I have two subs in my system to cover those lower frequencies better. Try this, I swear it will change your life. I even added an older Bose passive sub on my second system. I know Bose is a four letter word, but it worked great to round out some small bookshelves speakers. 
Thanks hshifi,
Oddly enough I was running a pair of Goldenear ForceField 4 (10") subs which I sold. It seems, at least for 2 channel listen, my Martin Logan Spires with a frequency response of  29–23,000 Hz ±3dB along with the 10" woofer already on board, produced more than sufficient base. I am considering downsizing to either bookshelf or smaller floor stander which may lead me back to subs?
Theoretically anything added is a detrimant to SQ. EQ and switches
,feedback etc.. I have a 5 way in the shed and it sounds fine there. You can get a cheap one that’s good enough to AB speakers. If you blast them it might not handle it. Since each pair will have their own cables just terminate with banana plugs for quick change once you settle.