im going to put this in as many forums as i can....

i had gone back and forth and heard the pro’s and con’s of a power conditioner. even talking to many manufacturers and some one high up at shunyata that sells them, and he told me if you just get a dedicated outlet that’s all you really need.. and that is what I had. lighting hit my box the other day and since I leave my amp on 24/7 I was advised to get a good power strip. it made sense, so I purchased the furman pst 8 for $94, for immediate protection. right out of the box did it change my system characteristics, better detail, better dynamics, better sound stage/image, better everything. I immediately ordered another one for my wifes system. it has a coax for the cable, don’t see much difference there. its big, solid and seems well built, please look into this at this price point, just trying to inform the masses......
kennesawjet
+1..I have used the PST-8 for many years in main & backup systems.Compared them to several much more expensive conditioners & never found the need to upgrade.
I did notice a slight bit of grain or edginess in the high treble(flutes & such) when I first got my new amp & speakers.Before I spent big $ upgrading from the PST-8 I decided to swap out the $0.50 wall receptacle.Went with the Voodoo Audio receptacle along with landing the neutral wire for the receptacle directly to the main lug instead of the common neutral bar,pulled the ground from the common ground bar,terminated with a 1/4" eye connector & landed under the main ground lug with star washers on both sides of the connector & replaced the breaker with a new one..The noise floor is so clean now you could hear a pin drop in a concert hall..
Disclaimer:I am a Master Level Commercial electrician & more than qualified to perform the tasks I describe.If you are NOT a Certified Electrician do not attempt any such modifications on your own!