“Never thought I’d use headphones”

I never thought I would ever use headphones as part of my system , I could never get use to the dramatic difference’s between using headphones and for one glaring example a speaker system that projects  a deep and wide layered sound stage with the illusion of instruments hanging in mid air is absolutely thrilling .

Well things changed as we downsized our home two years ago going from a dedicated room above a large double car garage where I didn’t have to worry about disturbing anyone listening then to a smaller home as we prepare to retire .
So a couple years ago I thought to give headphone listening another try mainly to keep peace in our home especially during late night listening which I do often . I brought home various dedicated amplifiers and dynamic headphones seamanly popular among headphone enthusiasts.

The large Amps&Sound tube amp and Mjolnir Audio Pure Bipolar along with various headphones from upper end Sennheiser , focal and recently a pair of Audeze Z headphones I borrowed .

Then came along the digital stack from AudioByte the Hydra Vox dac with a dedicated headphone section and a yet to be released streamer.
After a year or so of looking and listening with no real satisfaction I’m bold over how enjoyable my headphone experience is now not to mention what a fabulous dac AudioByte has which is a sister company to Rockna .

128x128in_shore
I picked up a nice copy of a MFSL Dark Side of the Moon and am enjoying that through headphones now.  Not sure how small your room is, but consider some Harbeth P3ESR speakers if you're going small.
Pink Floyd’s Dark Side of The Moon tour was the very first concert I attended and after all these years have gone by I still vividly remember that concert ,I haven’t heard the MFSL the live recording of Pulse is an exceptional recording also.
The big Magnapan’s need lots of room to breath my ocd just won’t stand for it so it’s time to move on to something else, it’s going to be something to getting use to now I no longer have my very own space . Anyway I’m not stuck with my current headphones I’ll have a look and listen of other brands.

The MFSL was nice but my recent 180 gram reissue sounded better. It's a bit of a collector's item though, so there's that.