What is this speaker cable connection?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/KGhMSbT5KYsqx7So8

Hello, 

I was given these speaker cable and told these were really expensive. But when look at the connection, it doesn't make any sense to me. I have used banana plugs before. But I have no idea how to connect these with my amplifier. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 
128x128manizkrishnan
Yes but the most badly designed worst engineered spades I have ever seen. I mean that picture, its like a car wreck. You don't want to look, but you do, and then you just can't stop. What a mess. We should have a contest, who can spot the most flaws in this most flawed design?
Yes but the most badly designed worst engineered spades I have ever seen. I mean that picture, its like a car wreck. You don't want to look, but you do, and then you just can't stop. What a mess. We should have a contest, who can spot the most flaws in this most flawed design?

I agree with you about the ludicrous spade.   It is way too long and straight and I doubt it would fit any of the gear I own.    My speaker posts are recessed and I would have to put my amp on a 6 inch riser to give it clearance.

Even if It did fit I wouldn't use them.  With the long torque arm  you run a big risk of shorting if a cable gets bumped.
So, lots wrong here.

Speaker terminals have voltage, and accidentally shorting them can damage your amp. You don't want long, conductive terminals here. Next, they look very hard. You want your spades to be soft, that improves how well they grip and stay put.

In terms of affordability, get some crimp on spades made of copper and use appropriate heat shrink to insulate them below the spades. Something like this will work. Of course, check your wire guage to be sure you get the right size:

https://www.partsconnexion.com/AQUEST-75459.html

Hey to these is that the core is copper. Copper is a great conductor and very soft.
I would just add some heat shrink insulation to insulate the portion below the spade. Heck, even wrapping electrical tape should do the trick.
Bob