Why Don't Local Audio Dealers Provide Tube Testing Services When They Sell Tube Gear?

For over 40 years I have supported my local audio dealers. I gladly pay more for their expertise and service. Some of my dealers have a store front, and some work out of their home. In either case, I always support them.

I have an "all tube" system, with 19 tubes, including my DAC, Preamp and Amp. Most of my tubes are NOS, and I like to "roll" many tubes. When I need to test a tube, or want ensure that the tubes I've purchased are indeed a "matched pair," I would really love to depend on my local dealer(s) to provide that service. 

For the most part, I have been very fortunate to buy NOS tubes from reputable dealers. Not always though. And when you are buying hard-to-find expensive NOS tubes, you sometimes have to take your chances.

At a minimum, audio equipment dealers should be able to provide "on-site" testing for the tube equipment they sell. Ideally, equipment dealers should be able to do "on site" testing of other tubes as well.

If a local dealer were able to service my audio tube testing requirements, I would seek them out for any new equipment purchases (including non-tube gear). That's part of having a mutually beneficial dealer/customer relationship.
Getting (and maintaining) good testing equipment isn't cheep, but it seems like a good business decision for maintaining and attracting new customers?

128x128labpro
As you acknowledge the fact that such equipment isn’t ’cheep’, let alone the maintenance of said equipment, perhaps you have answered you own question.
Okay, that may sound snarky, but, business is business. And, high end dealers have to make money just like any other business. Offering tube testing would be a money loser, unless they charge a fee for such testing. 

I would just buy tubes from a reputable dealer.
Bob
Just a suggestion, with all your tube gear why not buy yourself a (good) tube tester.