High End Audio......Sucking the Romance out of the Music?

Thoughts anybody?
ishkabibil
Hello ishkabibil,

I have no idea what you're talking about but I'm going to teach you how to spend a romantic evening with your music and your S.O.:

1, Get yourself looking and feeling as attractive as possible; haircut, shower, shave, man-scaping, a dash of cologne and some cool new clothes.
2. Cook a good meal, play some music, light a candle or two and serve it with an expensive bottle of wine.
3. When the mood strikes, move casually over to the sofa and …... make love to yourself.

Sorry, I heard you currently don't have a S.O.  Love the one your with, right?

Ah, romance!,
     Tim

Ishkabibil, I discovered the high end in 1990, when I walked into a high end salon, and my life changed dramatically after that.

I spent so much time in "high end salons" that my wife swore I was seeing another woman. I had to verify for myself, the validity of Stereophile's rating system; Class "A", B, C, etc. Yes it's valid.

After that, I went to work on my rig, but not before subscribing to every audio mag available. Next was auditioning "wire"; that was the hardest part, because no way can you audition wire and listen to music at the same time. The next 20 years were spent reading, reviewing, lying to my wife about the cost of purchases (which she accepted, but I got the feel that she knew I was lying, how do women know stuff like that?)

Since 2010 I've enjoyed nothing but pure glee every time I turn on the power. Also I might add, I have a computer "guru" who is worth his weight in gold; I'm in "high end heaven", I just need more money to reach an even higher plane.
orpheus10
I spent so much time in "high end salons" that my wife swore I was seeing another woman. I had to verify for myself, the validity of Stereophile’s rating system; Class "A", B, C, etc. Yes it’s valid.

>>>>I suspect there is probably a difference of opinion as to its validity. Not that I don’t lap up the slops with the rest of the hogs.

Geoffkait, those opinions were formed without one ounce of research.  Since "high end salons" no longer exist, research comparing Stereophiles conclusions and actually auditioning the equipment for yourself  is almost impossible.