AVAA Active Bass Traps

Hi there, 

Anyone here using the PSI AVAA active bass traps? I am thinking of getting one. Would I be better off with passive traps. My main room mode is at about 62Hz

Please advise
128x128jagjag
My room is so small that 4 more subs would leave me with no space to sit...except o  the subs   🙂

I will have to live with a partial solution. Some targeted trapping. GIK has some targeted traps that can be made nice with some diffuser plates. Will look I to that. 
OP:

The partial solution is really a very good one:

• Good bass traps that work in the range in question
  • EQ.

I use Roon to put the finishing EQ touches in my room. Works like a champ. Call GIK Acoustics and actually ask them for advice. They are experts and their products a steal. Ask about the soffit traps too. They don't usually sell them but they are pretty and damn effective.
@erik_squires, how do you use Roon for the finishing touches...isn't roon a streaming music provider? 

I am communicating with GIK now. I am leaning towards their Scopus Traps which are very targetted
Hey JagJag,

I’d rely on GIK, they’ll give you the right types of traps.

Roon is a streamer with built in EQ capabilities. In my case I never spin a CD, either I am listening to online services like Tidal or I’ve ripped my CD’s onto solid state disk, and play either via Roon.

If you see my blog post, below, you can see that for the right channel I used a parametric EQ to fix a couple of room modes. This only worked as well because my room is already treated:

https://speakermakersjourney.blogspot.com/2020/01/the-snr-1-room-response-and-roon.html