Where there is money to be made someone will step in. My bet is that Apollo will rebuild itself and do better than ever. It may not be as big as it was in it's hay day but it is still a very large and growing market. 
Hey Raul! Maybe you and I should go into business making blank lacquers. Think of all the free records we could get:)
02-12-2020 11:58amNo loss. I buy period presses- pre 1980.

Endless music to discover.

+1tablejockey!  Plus they are higher quality pressings.
People buy new records? I have a blast digging through all the piles in thrift stores. Sure, some turn out to be in bad shape but the vast majority are pretty decent to great. Yea, you need to go through piles of them to find the better ones but that's part of the fun of it. I'm always coming home with something that wasn't even on my radar. And I rarely pay more than a buck each.
BillWojo

Yes, there are an enormous number of old LP’s available for old guys like us (pardon me if my assumptions about all ya’ll are incorrect ;-), but for the format to have an enduring future, new music has to available on LP for younger music lovers to buy.

Long after the CD had replaced the LP (throughout the 1990’s), I continued buying new releases on the latter whenever possible. And the price of used LP’s then was like that of CD’s now---dirt cheap. I am still finding Mint- copies of LP's from the 60's/70's/80's for five bucks or so.

I'm bummed by this fire. I loved the fact that increasing numbers of new jazz releases, some by relatively obscure players, were coming out on vinyl again. That momentum is likely to be lost or seriously impeded by this fire, it seems.