Optimal connectivity for watching TV and 2 channel audio

Hoping to get some help on how to the best set-up for both watching TV and listening to 2 channel audio. I did a quick search but wasn't able to find a discussion that addressed this.

Currently I have an optical cable connected directly into a soundbar but on either side of the TV and soundbar I have 2 speakers connected to an integrated amp. I was thinking of getting a center channel and using an extra older AV receiver I have laying around and connecting it to the center channel and using the L & R pre-outs to connect to the int. amp. Not sure if this is the ideal connection considering it seems like I would need to power up the int. amp every time someone in the house wants to watch TV. Is there a better way to make these connections? Are int amps with HT bypass any different than connecting to variable line inputs on an int. amp?

Just confused on how to go about this. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide
benfica1
You have kind of two choices. First, run the audio into a DAC, and then into the integrated.

Second, get an AVR like an Anthem, and run the L&R out to your integrated, but the C and Surround channels directly.