Any Difference Between Gold and Silver RCA/XLR Connector Plugs?

How much of a factor does the type of plating (gold or silver) on RCA and XLR cables play on the overall sonic signature of a cable?

I went ahead and ordered basic Neutrik XLRs with silver contacts without much thought into it. However, the equipment I'm connecting to has gold pins on the outputs and inputs. Is it a better idea (in theory) to use XLR cables with gold pins to match the equipment?
slag_lover2013
I agree that sticking with whatever material is dictated on the input jacks should be maintained on your interconnects as far as the issue of dissimilar materials are concerned. I'm sure there is a differential in resistance when using different metals in an electrical path but is probably negligible. It is likely that the conductors on the pole outside your house are aluminum and maybe copper from the pole to your house and likely copper wiring in your walls. Might be interesting to know how silver on the pole and the house feeder and the house wiring would sound. Maybe they have that in Saudi Arabia.
Wow, I'm surprised there are no other answers than "it makes no difference".

Silver is the best conductor of electricity.  However, it can come across very bright sounding.  It tends to push the upper mids and highs.  Sometimes there is a lack of bass or a lean bass.

Gold-plated will not corrode or tarnish like silver, but it generally is warmer sounding with rolled off or soft high frequencies.
Of course it makes a difference. Of course they sound different. auxinput nailed it. But this is beside the point. In this case the reason for asking is the connector will be soldered onto DIY cable. That right there is the problem. The deficiencies of DIY cables so vastly overshadow anything as minor as the RCA plating it renders the whole question moot. Its like asking which speaker terminal when building a speaker from scratch knowing nothing about it but what some other guy said would work. Good luck.