where to go from here..,,

I stumbled on a steal for Aerial 7T's that I couldn't pass up, and love them. I know they aren't geting the best from the rest of the system...
Oppo BDP103, Odyssey Stratos powering the Aerials, then Yamaha RXA3010 powering PSB center and surrounds (rear and sides).

My serious listening is 2 channel, so my upgrade interests lie in the area of improving that. I do have a sub for movies, but its not in the loop on 2 channel.

From my reading so far, a separate pre- with HT bypass is likely to provide the best improvement in 2 channel SQ(?)

My room is 'live', 19X12X8, tv mounted high between speakers, with the mains about 42" from front baffle to wall behind, and about 28" from side walls. I am learning to use a computer with high rez digital downloads through the Oppo or Yamaha DAC's to feed better source material. No interest or budget for vinyl.

Any thoughts and guidance appreciated....thanks
english210
I have no illusions about 'if I get the right preamp, all will be perfect' :) I know better than that!! I have an ordinary HDMI from the Oppo to the Yamaha, and a $60 Audioquest RCA from the Yamaha to the amp, then sold old....and I mean OLD Monster to the speakers. Although the guy here that I got the amp from said it was as good or better than some of the newer speaker cables. The room needs treatment, but I'll be limited in what I can do since it's also the family room. I'm not aiming for perfection, just a progression to improve where I can. Cables I'm almost scared of since although I've heard differences with hardware, I havent (yet?) with cables/wires
Pre-amp, pre-amp, pre-amp!!! But you gotta give us a budget to get any useable suggestions.
At the risk of opening the field too wide, budget isn't as important as getting what will work best. I'd rather buy once than buy something knowing it's an intermediate step.... The speakers I'd pretty decided on almost 2 years ago, but due to price had held off til I could afford them, and I see this the same way. Value is still important however :)
Your best improvement will come from separating two channel from surround. Not only will no multi channel processor ever give you great stereo performance, when you have your speaker placement optimized for movies, then two channel sound suffers. And vice versa.

If two channel music is indeed as important as you say, set your system up accordingly and live with whatever sound you get for movies. That also means a good two channel preamp. Yeah, you might lose the surround effect, but what you gain for stereo performance will make up for it. Or go whole hog multichannel and take what you get for music.

The choice is yours. Either make them separate (different rooms), or make compromises.

Shakey
My mains are positioned for 2channel. That's the part I'm most critical about. What about as I expand my digital knowledge, and have all my music on NAS, and run that into a prospective preamp? My current setup is using the Odyssey to power them anyway.