Cary Preamp SLP-94L

My 25 year old Cary tubed Pre-Amp SLP-94L is "dying".  I am looking seriously to buy a new PREAMP [but NOT CARY]  and was checking out the ROGUE AUDIO Hybid Tube preamp with the MM/MC Phono Stage.  Specs look good and the styling is very attractive and simple to operate.  BUT, I do not know this brand at all.  Does anyone have any opibnions or say on this?  I appreciate all the input I can get.  Thanks, Richard
128x128richfrank
Try a Schiit Freya + as it has far more flexibility than any Rogue or really any other preamp (no phono input, but at the price Schiit sells 'em for that can be forgiven), and it's a bargain. Too inexpensive for the snob driven area of the audiophile market, but so what.
I have a Rouge Metis and have been been very happy. It’s three years old and never had a problem. Tube rolling is easy. Also made in the USA. 
Good morning to you 3 folks who responded to my inquiry. Thanks for your input. I have taken note of your comments. 
To "3-easy-payments":  After college and paying some of my way by building DYNACO kits, I bought a Cary SLA-70B amp together with the SLP-94L Pre-Amp about 25 years ago.  . I was looking for smooth, warm sound, with a tight bass response which was achieved for many years. The SLP-94L is now dead and I want to replace it with something similar to what I had. Right now I have the Cary Amp SLA-70B connected to an "old" pre-amp PAT-5 from Dynaco that works quite well, but is OLD and does not have the warmth and silky sound I am accustomed to.
Money is not an issue here. Notwithstanding, I don't want to pay for a "Lexus" if I don't have to, but don't want to get a "Hyundai" simply because it is inexpensive. I'm looking to pair the new pre-amp with my existing SLA-70B.  The Rogue Audio RP-1 looks real good also.  Opinions please!