Buying from China

What do you think the impact will be in buying gear from China in the near future. Will the parts supply chain be depleted. Will part s other then those specify be substituted.? Will wait times for electrics will be extended. I can get pretty paranoid about it. Interested in the options of those with better insights. Should I wait awhile until things settle down befor I place my next order? I imagine things are going to be tough for the small hi end audio manufacturer.
mordicai
After reading what elliotbnewcomb posted, and after climbing up off the floor from laughing, I wish to make a point. Corporate America sold out the American worker four decades ago in favor of cheap labor. Anybody  that tries to tell you that ANY manufacturing jobs that have been lost from this country are "coming back" is either stupid or crazy. This especially includes trump. The ONLY way this will EVER happen is if the US government partially subsidizes the US company in question. Otherwise, that company will not be able to compete with the cheap foreign labor and will never make a profit. When Nixon "opened" China in 72 everyone thought it was great, and it was great if you happened to own a textile factory or furniture factory or an appliance manufacturing facility. It wasn't so great for the people that worked at those places, though. The chance that any significant amount of manufacturing jobs that have left the US coming back are about as good as the chance that 8 track tape will make a comeback. That's how capitalism works.
OK, laugh, I go for 'One World'

but, I've lived thru a few 'buy america', 'made in america' campaigns. Typically short lived, they do influence buyers of finished products for a while, down at the more affordable, more consumer level. 

If volume of parts in those products drop off, there will be impacts implied by the OP.

I am unable to laugh about anything in these political times.

Don't forget, long before China, Japan was already crushing a great deal of manufacturing, until multi-nationals began building factories anywhere cheap labor could/can be found, not just China. They move them at will.
Both of those articles appear to get their facts from the same source and look like ad copy. Must be a slow news day. None of the jobs mentioned are actually happening being that they are all "planned." Good luck with that.

A deeper look into real "manufacturing" jobs occurring reveal that about 80% of them employ 5 people or less. These are mom & pop businesses, like boutique soap makers. 

It makes for some great headlines and gives one a false sense of hope that we're finally turning that corner.

All the best,
Nonoise
The USA Today article mentions jobs at GE, GE's large appliance park in Louisville,KY was sold to China's Haier Group in 2016.