Buying from China

What do you think the impact will be in buying gear from China in the near future. Will the parts supply chain be depleted. Will part s other then those specify be substituted.? Will wait times for electrics will be extended. I can get pretty paranoid about it. Interested in the options of those with better insights. Should I wait awhile until things settle down befor I place my next order? I imagine things are going to be tough for the small hi end audio manufacturer.
mordicai
Post removed 
mordicai

I am guessing this it is not about personal equipment purchases.

would you please clarify for me and others:

are you a manufacturer, talking about needed ’parts’ orders?

are you a re-seller of completed products?

Are you concerned about delays in receiving parts or products?

In any case, when you order, isn’t the price held?

Will President Trump’s promotion of ’made in america’ influence/reduce purchase of Chinese (other foreign) products?

"Quality control (or lack of) issues are so endemic to Chinese manufacturing you need to think twice, or three or four times before buying anything from there."
It surely seems that way, but I also have a feeling that quality control is good once you buy (relatively) more expensive items. Maybe it is that way everywhere. Sort of, you get what you pay for.

I have an NAD amplifier from about twenty years ago and the box says "Made in China to NAD specifications". No quality issues with that one, Works just fine. At the same time, I have had some plastic toys that fell apart while being unpacked.

It would be interesting to know which parts is OP concerned about. Many people modify their equipment by switching parts evven before they break. Many of the electronic parts may be readily available without ordering from China at the specific moment.
"Why can’t just use a good virus checker on your iPhone?"
Because then we have to buy an iPhone. And that one is, I think, made in China.