Axe to grind know it alls

Recently I have noticed that there are people who apparently enjoy having controversial posts. One in particular stands out. I have no problem with people expressing different opinions but are they doing this just to get attention? They don’t care what the responders to their posts have to say as only their opinion is the correct one and everyone else is wrong unless they agree with the op which is rare.

I have always looked at the Audiogon forums as a resource to get information and exchange ideas . When the post is a one way street, I think it does little if anything to contribute to the forums so going forward I will just ignore their posts.  Anyone else irritated by these posers?
128x128lwin
I can't figure it out - if you don't like the poster, why read it? Kinda like touching the hot burner on the stove when you KNOW you're going to get burned...
I am on other forums. Car forums (I SCAA AutoX and Track) and this forum is the worse by far with trolls and people starting threads looking for an argument and/or attention by being rude. I ignore them, but it makes me wonder how an audiophile forum can have more arguments than automotive "fan boys"???  There are a couple ppl here that are a joke and I can't believe how many ppl fall into their trap of negativity. I ignore them, or read a little bit just to get a laugh. 
+1 erik_squires

I have gotten some useful help here and I ignore the nonsense.
I think this is the logical outgrowth of farcebook. People get indoctrinated into polarization and take extreme sides right from the start, ready and hoping for a fight. Try to have a civil discussion on YouTube and see where it gets you.

There must be some kind of dopamine high from all of this, and just like the monkey who hits the button over and over for that high, it’s monkey see, monkey do.

All the best,
Nonoise