Axe to grind know it alls

Recently I have noticed that there are people who apparently enjoy having controversial posts. One in particular stands out. I have no problem with people expressing different opinions but are they doing this just to get attention? They don’t care what the responders to their posts have to say as only their opinion is the correct one and everyone else is wrong unless they agree with the op which is rare.

I have always looked at the Audiogon forums as a resource to get information and exchange ideas . When the post is a one way street, I think it does little if anything to contribute to the forums so going forward I will just ignore their posts.  Anyone else irritated by these posers?
128x128lwin
it amazes me that "trolling" here gets lots of responses. I just ignore that stuff since it's obvious to me and I get no value out of these kind of threads. however, I have picked up some good ideas from this forum and now participate fairly regularly since I have the time.
I don't mind when they put up threads, but too often they hijack and redirect the threads of others ...
@erik_squires .
You might be on some peoples list, but not mine.
@OP,
I concur with your assessment. For me, I just scroll past those threads.
@jl35,
I agree, many of these posters have a knack of derailing threads.

B
It's simple.  These individual's are like a toddler having a screaming fit.  Responding to them is fuel to the fire.  Ignore them and they move on to someone else whose chain they can yank.
Responses to such only encourage.        However(sometimes); it’s(hopefully) beneficial, to present logical(or- contrary, theoretical/scientific) points of view, for more rational thread followers.     There are those, that are here to learn and expand/enhance their listening pleasure.