Time for a new a/v receiver could use some input!

I have an Arcam avr400 which is HDMI 1.4 and need a HDMI 2.0 4K receiver.
I'm using a 5.1 set up, so I looked at Arcam but I'm not happy with problems of handshake
So I decided to get another brand.

I'm down to either the Anthem MRX720 or the Marantz SR7013 
just want to stay around $2,500 its 5.1 but I like the power the Arcam has.
Not sure if they are equal in power ratings but I think they are both powerful enough.

The Marantz has all the gadgets you can think of,  but I'm looking for good sound,
 and a lot of people say that the Anthem sounds better, any thoughts?
Thank you
tesseract86
I Demo’d the 7013 and the Yamaha 3080 (same model that our moving company “lost” in our recent move to TN) and the Marantz is much more musical with a better soundstage and depth compared to the 7013. I ended up getting the 8012 because I plan on building a media room downstairs and expanding to utilize all 11 channels with Atmos. The 8012 is a step up from the 7013 and can be had for right at $2500. For theater, even with my current 5.1 system the experience is quite immersive.  Although they had some Arcam and Rotel stuff there, my decision was based on some key features and streaming abilities. 

I got the Anthem mrx720 two days ago, in a few days I'll do the arc room correction. So far I'm extremely happy with the sound.
I noticed the dialog is clearer than before, I use a JL audio F113 subwoofer, 
I never heard my sub as tight and powerful as this, that's a welcome improvement.
Still messing with it for the moment, I'll post about the room correction later. 
I take nothing away from the Arcam av400 sounds great, loved it, its just a little warmer than the Anthem and my speakers really loved the Anthem.
Did room correction arc, music sounds more detailed dialog improved, bass was trimmed, brightness was tamed and other improvements.
The sound is clear and a little bright which got better after arc and also you can adjust the treble .
I love the clean, clear, powerful sound.
It seems that my speakers and sub came to life with the Anthem mrx720.
I’m very happy with my choice.
My best advice is pick a receiver or amp that’s going to improve the sound of your speakers.
Thanks to all for your input.
I forgot to mention, after the arc the surround sound improved dramatically, watching a movie now has very good separations that's also a big improvement.
I doubt the Anthem is broken in yet and that some of the brightness you’re currently hearing may subside a bit over time.  Congrats on a great AVR and glad you like what you’re hearing.