Cambridge CXC: Help finding a small, programmable remote?

After much research and searching, I was pleased to purchase and receive the Cambridge CXC transport. As some mentioned, the CXC remote is ungainly, crammed with buttons for other products I don't intend to purchase.

Does anyone have a lead on a small, programmable remote — something the size of a Roku remote? This makes much more sense. Having input buttons for specific tracks would be nice, too. (Cannot *believe* they left those off. FFS.)

Hopefully any answers might also help folks with other products who, like me, hate their remote.
128x128hilde45
Agree with you completely about the stock CXC remote, it's almost useless. This is probably not exactly what you're looking for but for my CXC I use the "DVD" channel on an older Sony RM-VL700S programmable remote. It's considerably larger than a Roku remote but is very nicely designed in a perfect shape to fit comfortably in the hand.

I used it in "learning" mode to teach the main commands by pairing individual buttons on the CXC remote with appropriate buttons on the Sony. It requires several steps, one step at a time but you have to do it only once. It will control power on and off, play and stop, next track and previous track, just the commands I normally require.

But you can teach any button on the Sony the function of any button on the CXC regardless of whether the labels match, as long as you remember the ones that don't match.

That model Sony is long out of production but used ones are available on ebay. I like it because it's the only programmable remote I found that fits well in my hand with the buttons right under my thumb.
Thanks, @sfar that's helpful and might be the best solution. Open to more suggestions!
Perhaps Harmony makes a basic inexpensive remote. I use one of their mid price models for my home theater.
@ericsch - Yes, the Harmony database does have the CXC codes but when I downloaded them to one of my Harmony remotes some controls didn't work well so I went for a simple solution I could control manually and was familiar with. You probably could "teach" a Harmony remote in the same way I did the Sony but I was already familiar with the Sony so went with it.