Is there a physical and ritual connection with the analog LP?

Us humans are very much creatures of habit/rituals and physical and emotional connections.  There are obvious reasons to discuss analog vs. digital which have been much discussed.  My ritual and process of playing an LP has many aspects...the handling, the cleaning, the turntable setup and isolation....and you could add many to this list.  Playing a CD/SACD/DVD-A  involves less of a ritual and, perhaps, more of a disconnect.  

I have, as you all do, thoughts about the sonic merits of all formats.  But in my lifetime the ritual involved with everything to do with vinyl/LPs is without a doubt more involved and that meaning I actually have to be more involved to get the best sonic results compared to the digital disks.  Does any of this make sense to you?
whatjd
I have a love/hate relationship with the rituals associated with vinyl, but I use vinyl as my music source because that medium elicits more of the same emotions as live music, compared to any digital source I have yet to experience.  Yet, objectively, I would not argue that the very best modern digital (and only the very best) is "cleaner" sonically and easier to use. And the beat goes on.
Ritual? You wanna see ritual? You ought see what I do for one CD. That’s ritual! 
Thanks to all for your replies.   I have noticed the cats and dogs I have had also have rituals....esp in eating, circling before they lay down and in wanting attention..........kind of like humans?
I have often wondered if there is more of a ritual for the playing of vinyl, and even a CD for those people who have had some, or even a lot of musical training. While I have not played in a band or orchestra for years now, there was something about the setting up of chairs, getting one's instrument ready to play, the whole assembling of the orchestra, and those rituals that have carried over into my time with audio. I also like the fact that with vinyl and CD that I own the music whereas with streaming etc. I am just "renting". There is something satisfying about the physical touching, handling of the LPs and to a lesser degree, the CD. Call it a romance if you want. I tried streaming, did not like it. I felt "removed" from it all, as there was no real hands on. I like cars. When I work on a car, clean it myself, change the oil, do some mechanical work with it etc. I feel more a part of the car and more of an ownership. It makes me want to take better care of it. Perhaps there is that aspect of the whole LP thing as well. There will be those who get this, and those who don't. It works for me. As I said, I feel more of a connection to the music with this small "hands on" piece as opposed to how I felt with streaming just like I feel more like I am driving when I use my cars with manual transmissions as opposed to pushing a button or lever into "Drive".
My two cents...
zkidd, well said.  As an album title once was named, "Twin Sons of Different Mothers"