Bi-wiring with unterminated speaker wire?

Hi, I have an old power amp with bare wire connections for the speaker wire.  My speakers have dual binding posts for bi-wiring.  Can I make my own bi-wire using two lengths of unterminated wire, twisting the two red and two black together on the “amplifier” end, and connecting the 4 ended side to the speakers binding posts?
128x128brendanmckinley
Yes, and I’ve often wondered if bare wire is a better and more pure connection versus introducing more connections and different metals by adding spades and plugs — not to mention the added expense of doing so.  Go for it!
HI Soix- you can stop wondering.  Bare Wire connections ARE the best performing for a wide number of reasons.  Here's the catch- bare wire is the best connection possible for a VERY short period of time.  Unless the bare wire connection is treated and/or sealed, it will very quickly start oxidizing and the performance will suffer.  That is the main reason for formal terminations- you can seal the connection and dramatically slow down the oxidation effect ( notice I did not say eliminate it).
+4!
Just be sure not to short anything inadvertantly- though your amps fuses should reduce any chance of serious damage.
Bob