Old Rockers never die, they just get more wrinkly?

Check out Keith Richards.... Lol.

Seriously to the topic in hand.

I am like many here I suspect in that I grew up listening to 60,s & 70,s rock music.
For me being in England it was bands like Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, Uriah Heep, Iron Maiden, Pink Floyd yada yada yada, you get the picture.

Now I have embraced streaming and via this medium I have found much new to me music that I thoroughly enjoy but......

Can't shake them roots!

Nothing is guaranteed to put a huge silly grin on my face quicker than cranking out the old rocker tunes.

Like last night, streaming some jazz fusion which was ok but then clicked on Outsider by Uriah Heep.

Oh yes, feet were shuffling, hands were twitching and ready to break out the old air guitar!

So what REALLY moves you?
128x128uberwaltz
Only if one doing the assuming is a total idiot and all around fool
So you have met GK then?😇😇
In the Summer of ’68 Music From Big Pink appeared, and I didn’t get it AT ALL.
Big Pink? In 68? I thought it was only recently Victoria's Secret started using the plus-size models? 
 The music I didn't get at all was U2. AC/DC at least I could understand. Didn't care for it then but at least could see why others did. U2 though just seemed the most repetitive thing, same damn chord over and over and over again. 
Now though I put on Joshua Tree all the time. Maybe its my copy, people have told me its flat, but mine is deep and wide and liquid and detailed and just about as good as could be. The Edge guitar I found boring, now I can get that it rings like a bell, or a chime. 
There's a video about great guitarists that shows him playing with tubes or whatever tweaking to get the particular sound he wants for each song. Been long enough now to no longer remember which came first his explanation or my appreciation but either way its there now. U2 used to be like a Jackson Pollock. Now its van Gogh. Only louder. A lot louder.

Evan Johns (three albums on Rykodisc, a bunch of others on assorted labels) was legendary not only for his guitar playing (amazing), songwriting, and singing, but his drinking. When I went to Atlanta for a week in the late-90's to record an album with him, he said to me: "As long as you stay away from the hard stuff, you're okay."

He drank only beer, but a LOT of it. He arrived in Atlanta a day before the band members, and passing by his hotel room door the morning after we arrived, I saw two 18-packs of empty Budweiser cans discarded on the hallway floor. In the studio he chain drank them, opening a new one as he was finishing the last. He ate one meal the entire week.

The album was done, and a supporting U.S. tour was being setup. Then one day back at home (British Columbia at the time) he wasn't feeling well, and went to the hospital. He fell into a coma, the doctor telling his woman he was in the final stage of liver failure, and to make funeral arrangements. He proved the doc wrong, simply sitting up in bed one day a few weeks later!

Turns out this was the third time the exact same thing had transpired. But in Austin in 2017, the end finally came. He was only 60 years old, and quite a character. But how about Jerry Lee Lewis? The hardest drinker of all the Sun Records guys (Elvis, Carl Perkins, Johnny Cash, Roy Orbison), and the last man standing, his 85th birthday later this year. I can't believe he is still alive!

The first few things that came to mind were:

1) The bass riff in "Johnny The Fox" by Thin Lizzy.
2) The dueling guitars in the intro to "Warrior" by Wishbone Ash
3) The synthesizer riff in "Round and Round" by The Strawbs.
4) "Babe I'm Gonna Leave You" by Led Zeppelin.

Looks like I've got some homework to do............