Audio Rack Selection

Putting together a new system and an upgraded audio rack will be part of the package. Would love to know your thoughts on the issue? Is there a true need to buy upper tier racks?

The rack will need to hold a McIntosh C2600 preamp, 2 monoblocks, power conditioner and a turntable. Flooring in the room is hardwood.

Would love your thoughts and recommendations.

bhaudiophile
Just constrained layer damping, nonoise. That, and an irregular shape.

Some few materials have constrained layer damping built in, like Panzerholz, or, to a lesser extent, slate, or Baltic birch plywood. The trick is to put two materials with different speeds of sound, in intimate contact, like hardwood and elastomeric glue. I used 2 1/2" of Baltic birch in three layers, bonded with elastomeric glue, bonded to a topping consisting of an inch of slate. Slate itself consists of very thin layers of rock, which reduce sound transmission and resonance.

The very best shelve material is Panzerholz, which I used in the plinth of my DIY turntable. So I have three different non-resonant materials, with different properties, which prevent resonance.
When I removed the 3" cherry blocks from under my equipment and placed directly on the high performance acrylic shelves of the pARTicular Novus rack I experienced more detail, crisper, better sound stage and improved bass response. I have no affiliation with pARTicular other than a satisfied customer.
Constrained layer damping is what I use. The difference is not dramatic, in fact subtle, but it can be heard. 

What I use with my locally built audio rack is Les Davis Audio pads.
https://www.lesdavisaudio.com.au/3d-2

The product looks different from when I got mine (circular, not square) but they appear to be constructed the same.

All the best,
Nonoise

+1 for HRS isolation and Nimbus on heavy wood furniture 

get those mono blocks out near the speakers!!!!!
Posted today, my system, with lots of pictures and a description of my rack. Its hard to tell the top granite is sitting on sand, but the sand bed in the bottom rack can be seen in some views. Lotta work but really affordable and outstanding performance.

Please note any or all parts of this rack could very easily be covered in wood veneer, or painted however you like, and probably still be under $500.