Selling locally/Value questions

Hi all,
I am a new member and have a handful of components that I purchased brand new in the mid 90's. They have all been stored in the original boxes unused since about 2005. Looking to downsize and let someone else enjoy them. What is the best way to find valuation and sell locally? I have searched Audiogon, but can not find much for value on the gear I have. I am in Connecticut. Does anyone know if there is a local business that will purchase or take on consignment? Any advise will be appreciated. Thank you, Craig
cbk007
@cbk007  If you contact me in support, I'll be glad to help you sell this gear. Email me at [email protected], Attention: Tammy 
You are in CT, thus in the NYC metro area; one of the largest metro areas in the US. If what you have is even remotely desirable, and priced fairly, then you should have no problem selling locally.

Pricing fairly implies that you know what your equipment is worth.  HiFi Shark allows searches of expired listings, but listings only show asking prices, not sold prices.  Ebay generally shows a wide range of prices for any given item because people can list at any price then wait for someone to come along.  But if you want a relatively quick sale, then you want to know what an item actually sold for.  Ebay provides Sold data for anything that has sold in the past 90 days.   You can search up to 12mos of data if you have an Ebay store (or know someone who does).

I would take the time to unpack and test everything.  Then take clear well lit, high resolution photos.  Then create a detailed and accurate description.  A prospective buyer wants to know more than "don't know if it works- been in storage for 15yrs- was working fine when boxed".  Then post an add on Craigslist for the NY metro area.   If that doesn't work then post on a site with global users.