Higher End DACs

I am looking for a DAC (potentially streamer&DAC) to be paired in a mcintosh system (c1100/611). Its my first foray into digital streaming and I have no need for a CD player.

I see a lot of love for Esoteric, however, most seems to be around their transports? Are they not as renowned for pure digital streaming and/or standalone DACs? I see DCS (for instance) often referenced for standalone DACs - how does Esoteric compare?
ufguy73
Mike, I’d also love to hear your thoughts on the OP’s question above.

I’m not disagreeing with @mikelavigne here...however, I started a thread (linked below) regarding the question in the preceding post, and the feedback points to the DAC as being more important. [Note: this is a relative distinction]

https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/does-the-buck-start-with-the-dac

I’ve been auditioning a ’higher end’ all in one and unfortunately I will not be able to test it with different server. My gut ’sense’ (with respect to this specific unit) is that the server is less critical (to go all out on) in this application. Hopefully I will be able to test and find out for myself definitively.
Check out Audio Skies website.  Importer/Distributor Michael Vamos in LA has a new line of DACS and re-clocker unit, Ideon Audio, from $3500 to $30k.  They apparently compare with and beat many of the ultra-high end, well known DACs.  Michael is a great guy to boot.
I don't  doubt that the SGM Extreme is a great server streamer but dual Xeon processors and 48 gigs of ram? All you're doing is storing and streaming music not 3D rendering and  VR design and video editing,  isn't this thing a bit of overkill? 
PS--I used to manufacture D/A converters in the 90's.  Stereophile, for some reason, just reprinted Jonathan Scull's 1995 review of my DAC in their November 2019 issue. 
https://www.stereophile.com/content/timbre-technology-tt-1-da-processor

Cheers.
Lampizator vacuum tube dacs make digital sound like real music ,not etched 
bright music like many digital products 
out there . World class Digital, check it out. With satisfaction guaranteed.