Audio Rack Selection

Putting together a new system and an upgraded audio rack will be part of the package. Would love to know your thoughts on the issue? Is there a true need to buy upper tier racks?

The rack will need to hold a McIntosh C2600 preamp, 2 monoblocks, power conditioner and a turntable. Flooring in the room is hardwood.

Would love your thoughts and recommendations.

bhaudiophile
Most all of the racks you see in these audiophile pages are overpriced and take up too much space.  They also make lousy platforms for turntables.  Any vibrations or floor motion gets amplified at the top of the rack.  Just horrible.

The very best turntable platform is a wall mount.   Here's a photo of my turntable and rack underneath.  You can buy rack rails of any length and have any local cabinet maker put together a rack for you.  Mine sits on rollers, which allows me easy access to cables behind the gear.

Neither my preamp or power amp rack mount, so they sit on shelves I got from Parts-Express.

This will cost you less.  It will also give you a lot more flexibility as to where you put your gear.
+1 on SVT & HRS. I have good success with a SVT2 rack coupled with HRS shelves with components then on HRS nimbus couplers.  The wood metal combo looks good, to my taste, more importantly sounds great.