I need a loudness switch

I am by no means what I would consider a Audiophile, or a Engineer. 
 But I am fortunate enough to own some semi decent equipment.  I love music that gives me goosebumps. 
My CD playback is fine , as I don't really use it anyway. 
 But as with many others I lose substance at low volume with vinyl playback.
Dial set between 55 and 60 things come alive. But that is too loud for most sessions. 
 System is.
 VPI Classic table with a Soundsmith Carmen mkii cart.
Decware zp3 phono stage. 
Conrad Johnson et3 preamp
Conrad Johnson premier 140 amp.
 Proac Response D38 speakers.
 I would love to run the system around 35 to 45 setting , but to have a little authority. 
Does anyone have any suggestions?
 I was considering a Decware zbox that boosts the voltage. 
But with not being a Engineer.  I do not know what effects the 4 volt input will have on the cj gear.
Any input would be appreciated.  
Thank you,  Scott 

scottht
It sounds like you want to hang on to your CJ gear and add something, but if you're open to some different components, I recently picked up a Vincent Audio SV 237 integrated amp.  150 WPC of solid state power for 8 ohms, the first 10 watts are Class A and the preamp section is tubed.  It not only has a loudness button, but also... tone controls (which are defeatable)!  After putting in a better tube in the preamp section, I'm really liking it. 

I read in one of the reviews on it that it boosts both bass _and_ treble.  I've tried the loudness button and thought it sounded pretty good, but haven't done any extended listening in that manner, preferring  to leave things flat.
My Accuphase integrated has a loudness button. I know they make audiophile purists cringe.
Right now I am listening to Someday My Prince Will Come, CL1656 six eye. 55 decibels from my chair and  I would rather follow Paul Chambers bass line than be pure.
I have considered the low 2.2 v output of the Soundsmith. 
 I also have a Rega p6 that has a new Exact cart that I believe is like double the output of the Soundsmith. 
 But I hate that Rega table and sound.
 The only way to try is swapping out the cartridges. 
I guess I should suck it up and hook up the nasty Rega and see what it does.
I agree the Schiit Loki will solve your issue. Its truly a quality piece of equipment. I have one and used it when needed, after moving on to a Luxman 590 AXII I no longer have a need for it.

"My god man, get a Schiit Loki!!!"

I'm also looking for a similar solution as the OP and am wondering how would the 20Hz control on the Loki blend with speakers that only go down to 35-40Hz? My concern is getting a "single-note" bass unless they have implemented a nice slope which could help with the transition to higher frequencies. Any input from folks using the 20Hz control for boosting the bass would be helpful.