Considering getting a CD player (again). Used? New? Criteria?

After years without one, I'm considering getting a CD player. I'm not against streaming, but I have many CD's and would like the simplicity of just playing them from time to time. I probably want to cap my expenditure at $700, or so, because this won't be the only way I play music.

A few questions:
If you've purchased a new CD player, what did you buy? Why?
If you've purchased a used player, how old is too old? What factors helped you choose?

My concern with used is that the transport mechanism of older players will be getting tired, and this won't be knowable just because a unit "checks out" with the site (or individual) testifying to the player's working condition. There's got to be an average point for many machines to give up the ghost, mechanically (varying from machine to machine, of course).
128x128hilde45
Assuming you have a good DAC for streaming, why not just rip your CDs to your computer, and play them off that?  I have 100s of CDs and never touch them -- but play them often. I use ROON, but you can use itunes for free (on Mac or Windows). If on Mac, spend $10 for bitperfect too.
G
Well if anyone has a complete, properly working Oppo 95 for ~$300 + shipping, I'll take it!
Itsjustme I have certainly not ruled out streaming and in fact I am certain I will continue to do streaming. But I like the simplicity of playing CDs and I like the ability to play music without my computer. I am too much of a novice to have an opinion about the finer points of computer noise and that kind of thing, so I’m content to envision myself sitting and listening and reading liner notes, the way I used to. This would be in addition to streaming not instead of it.
I bought a  NAD C538 but I use an outboard dac though the dac in it isn't to bad. I just needed something to use occasionally I mostly stream.